THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU WOULD HEAR IN CASE OF A NUCLEAR ATTACK
Many countries have systems that allow them to speak to as many people as possible in case of something catastrophic.
The United States has the Emergency Alert System. When triggered, the system interrupts all T.V and radio systems to speak.
This is what it sounds like.
The most creepiest and terrifying noise and voices ever.
imagine your icon has suddenly, inexplicably, become your legal guardian
The fact that most guys’ first response to a woman wanting equality is “SO CAN I HIT U NOW” is sort of terrifying
Like that’s the first thing you’re concerned about? I just want equal pay and you want to punch me in the face? Cool cool
► Name ➔ alex
► Url -> michaelgordons
► Will you answer all questions truthfully ➔ yes
► Are you single ➔ yes
► Are you happy ➔ im trying
► Are you Italian ➔ no
► Are you German ➔ yes
► Are you Asian ➔ no
► Are you angry? ➔ no
► Are you Irish ➔ no
► Are your parents still married ➔ yes
► Birth Place ➔ michigan
► Hair Color ➔ light brown
► Eye Color ➔ brown
► Birthday ➔ june 30th
► Gender ➔ girl
► Lefty or Righty ➔ righty
► Summer or winter-> summer
► Morning or afternoon ➔ afternoon
TEN THINGS ABOUT YOUR LOVE LIFE
► Do you believe in love at first sight ➔ no
► Have you ever broken someone’s heart ➔ no
► Are you afraid of commitments ➔ no
► Have you hugged someone within the last week? yes
► Have you ever had a secret admirer ➔ no
► Have you ever broken your own heart? ➔ yes
► Love or lust ➔ love
► Lemonade or iced tea ➔ lemonade
► Cats or Dogs ➔ dogs
► A few best friends or many regular friends ➔ a few best friends
► Television or internet ➔ internet
► Pepsi or Coke ➔coke
► Wild night out or romantic night in ➔ both
► Day or night ➔ night
► IM or Phone ➔ phone
TEN HAVE YOU EVER
► Been caught sneaking out ➔ no
► Fallen down/up the stairs ➔ yes
► Wanted something/someone so badly it hurt? ➔ no?
► Prank called a store ➔ yes
► Skipped school ➔ yes
► Wanted to disappear ➔ yes
► Smile or eyes ➔ eyes
► Light or dark hair ➔ dark
►Shorter or Taller ➔ taller
►Intelligence or Attraction ➔ both
► Hook-up or Relationship ➔ relationship
► Funny and poor OR rich and serious ➔ funny and poor
► Last Phone Call ➔ my mom
► Last phone call you received ➔ my mom
► Last thing you ate ➔ spaghetti
► Last thing you drank ➔ water
► Last place you were ➔ my bed
► Do you and your family get along ➔ i guess
► Would you say you have a “messed up life” ➔ not really
► Have you ever run away from home ➔ no
► Have you ever gotten kicked out ➔ no
► If so, how long ➔
- Unknown, Humans of New York (via vehlevet)
When did he stop treating you like a princess?
Domestic violence and abuse can happen to anyone, but the vast majority of victims are young girls and women simply because they are “the weaker sex”.
Did you know:
- On average, 2 women a week are killed by a current or former male partner. This constitutes nearly 40% of all female homicide victims.
- 45% of women are abused/raped by current husbands or partners, 9% by former partners, and a further 29% of perpetrators were otherwise known to the victim. Only 17% are attacked by by strangers.
- 44% of victims of domestic violence are involved in more than one incident. A large number of women experience the same abuse every week.
- On average, a woman is assaulted 35 times before her first call to the police.
- 30% of domestic violence either starts or will intensify during pregnancy.
- In almost 75% of incidents, a child is present or in a room closeby.
THIS HAS GOT TO STOP. IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE THIS WAY.
It’s time to show the world that we are not weak and we will simply not stand for this kind of ill treatment. Women should be treated as princesses, like Ariel and Cinderella, who never have to live in fear of their so-called Prince Charming.
It’s time to stand up. To speak out. To be heard.
Women’s domestic abuse/violence helplines (worlwide):
- Women’s Aid/National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- EB Women’s Aid: 0800 0852 654
- Refuge: 020 7395 7713
- Wales Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 80 10 800
- Women’s Aid Federation (Northern Ireland): 0800 917 1414
- National Centre for Domestic Violence: 0844 8044 999
- WDA Helpline: 0161 636 7525
- Rape Crisis support: 0808 802 9999
- Relate: 0300 100 1234
- Kiran Asian women’s aid: 020 8558 1986
- Independent Choices: 0161 636 7525
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 or 1-800-787-3224
- DAHMW: 1-888-743-5754
- Safe Horizon for DA/V: 800.621.HOPE (4673)
- Safe Horizon for Rape: 212.227.3000
- Love Is Respect: 1-866-331-9474
- National Teen Dating abuse/violence:
866-331-9474 or 866-331-8453
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network): 1-800-656-4673
- White Ribbon: 02 9045 8444
- National Sexual Assault/Family/Domestic hotline: 1800 737 732
- LifeLine: 13 11 14
- The Women’s Domestic Violence Crisis Service:
(03) 9322 3555 or STD Freecall 1800 015 188
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line: 1800 806 292
- Domestic Violence Victoria, AUS: 9921 0828
- DVConnect Womensline - Queensland: 1800 811 811
OTHER/MORE - some repeats:
- National Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-422-4453
- National Domestic Violence Crisis Line: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (TDD): 1-800-787-32324
- Center for the Prevention of School Violence: 1-800-299-6504
- Child Abuse Helpline: 1-800-4-A-CHILD (1-800-422-4453)
- Domestic Violence Helpline: 1-800-548-2722
- Healing Woman Foundation (Abuse): 1-800-477-4111
- Child Abuse Hotline Support & Information: 1-800-792-5200
- Women’s Aid National Domestic Violence Helpline: (UK Only) 0345 023 468
- Sexual Abuse Centre: (UK Only) 0117 935 1707
- Sexual Assault Support (24/7, English & Spanish): 1-800-223-5001
- Domestic & Teen Dating Violence (English & Spanish): 1-800-992-2600
- Relationships Australia: 1300-364-277
- Criminal Law Advice Line: 020 7251 8887
Let’s put a stop to women’s domestic violence and abuse - FULL STOP.
If you’re being treated in a way you know isn’t right, pick up the phone and get help. And get out. IT IS NEVER TOO LATE FOR YOUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER. IT’S TIME TO CHANGE.
If in need of immediate help from abuse/violence, call the police (999/911 etc).
We’re in this together.
"When did he stop treating you like a princess?"/It doesn’t have to be this way - DISCLAIMER: I do not own these images. Courtesy of Saint Hoax.
FIND OUT MORE HERE.